Since 1954, Federal & State Tax Service, Inc., a locally owned and operated business, has provided quality tax, bookkeeping, and payroll services throughout the Greater St. Louis Area. Because we are a small office, we are able to offer very personalized attention to our clients.
We are committed to providing a quality product at a very reasonable price. Our fees are lower than our well known competitors. We stand behind every tax return we prepare and your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Our tax preparers are enrolled agents with the IRS or are registered with the IRS. We aim to help you pay the lowest taxes legally required and to receive the maximum refund to which you are entitled. Our professional staff receives continuing education each year to stay abreast of any changes in the tax law and the office is open year round to assist you.
Federal & State Tax Service, Inc. began in 1954 in St. Louis at the corner of Jefferson and Russell. We moved to our current location in South County on Union Road in January of 1994.
Important Tax Law Changes
- Medical and dental expenses: You can deduct only the part of your medical and dental expenses that exceeds 10% of your AGI.
- Home office deduction: If you take a home office deduction, you may be able to use a simplified method.
- Standard mileage rates: The 2013 rate for business use of your car is increased to 56 1/2 cents a mile.
- Child tax credit: A maximum of $1,000 per child under age 17 is now permanent.
- Energy credits: Improvements such as insulated hot water heaters, insulation, double-paned windows, etc. expire after 2013.